Reports to: Development Team Lead
Hours: 40 hours weekly - flexible start time between 08:00 – 10:00 Monday to Friday
Who are Videoslots?
Videoslots is the brainchild of Alexander Stevendahl, an expert poker player and a star affiliate. Our site was born online in 2011 where a handful of entrepreneurs who had a knack for entertaining others helped build our second home into what it is today. Our unique product offering and experience we offer our customers is what enables our brand to shine.
What will you be doing?
As a Backend Developer, you will be working in our in-house projects: designing features, writing code, reviewing colleagues, solving problems, tracking down bugs and delivering stable and well written solutions. There is a high demand for new features and projects, which we all work passionate as a team to balance with proper maintenance for our legacy code while we work on new projects. This require our developers to be versatile, display ownership qualities and be enthusiastic taking on technical challenges.
As a C++ developer you will be working mainly on 3D Poker application for desktop and mobile environments. The project needs to be maintained and integrated with our PHP based platform.
You will be mainly responsible for:
- Do functional requirements analysis, design and develop new features
- Write high quality code and documentation
- Work closely with other developers, QA and the product team
- Apply analytical skills and be committed to quality
- Help track requests, issues, work progress and general changes to our platform
- Provide estimates and technical documentation on request
- Be sensitive to the performance, reliability and maintainability of your code
- Manage individual project priorities, deadline and deliverables
- Be responsible for the optimal maintenance of your development and test environments
- Cooperate with other departments when needed
- Manage your code changes using our version control system
Who are you?
- Experience in a comparable software development role
- You have 3+ years of programming experience in C++ and Visual Studio
- Good knowledge in MSSQL
- Basic knowledge on C# and/or Python
- Aware of the challenges when working on scalable and high-performant applications
- Ability to document proficiently and write test cases
- Structured, good attention to detail and thorough
- You can work with minimal supervision
- Working proficiency and communication skills in verbal and written English
- Can handle a very large code base split in dozens of projects
The following will be considered as an asset:
- Experience on working with Microsoft Server
- Experience on OpenGL/DirectX programming, IIS (Internet Information Services) and Action Script (Flash)
What we offer:
Apart from our vibrant and sunny offices and smashing team, here is what we offer you:
- Competitive salary
- Annual fitness allowance
- Daily fresh fruit
- Breakfast Wednesdays
- Private Health insurance
- Quarterly company and team events
- VIP tickets to many local events and festivals showcasing world class DJ’s
- Learning and development benefit
- Corporate VIP discount scheme
- Transport home for those working a late shift
- Relocation Package (1-way ticket to Malta + 2 weeks accommodation)
Please take the time to read our Candidate Privacy Notice here